Are you tired of having a lagging gameplay experience and mediocre frame rates while playing Fortnite?
Are you willing to invest some bucks and see what it feels like playing on a high-end yet pocket-friendly laptop?
Well, I’m here to clear your confusion and leave you knowledgeable about the options you have. In this article, I’ll review the best laptops for Fortnite under 500 dollars.
Need something fast? Check out these top picks:
I’ve looked into a handful of resources before compiling this list. Since this article is restricted to the gaming experience of Fortnite, I’m going to review the laptops based on five key aspects that I think are necessary for having a good gaming experience. These aspects are:
By reading this article, I assure you that you’re going to save some money and time. Simultaneously, if you end up buying a laptop for the list below, your gaming experience will undoubtedly enhance by many folds.
System Requirements for Fortnite
Since you’ve found your way to this article, it’s safe to assume that you know something about Fortnite, if not everything. It’s arguably the most sought-after game of the past five years. The minimum requirements for playing the game aren’t on the higher end, but to enjoy smooth gameplay and the map’s vibrant landscape, you should have something efficient and reasonably powerful. Also, investing today will ensure your presence on the safer side of things as the game gets its updates in the future.
Minimum System Requirements:
CPU: Intel Core i3
Storage: 120GB SSD and/or 500GB HDD
GPU: Intel HD 4000
Display: 13-inch 720p
Recommended System Requirements:
CPU: Intel Core i5RAM: 8GBStorage: 256GB SSD and/or 1TB HDDGPU: Intel HD 4000Display: 14 or 15 inch, 1080pGPU: Geforce GTX 660, or HD 7870 (at least 2GB).
The List of Best Laptops for Fortnite Under $500
Our Top Pick
|Lenovo IdeaPad 3 |
Features: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U, Dopoundsy Audio, Fast performance
|ASUS VivoBook 15 |
Features: Full HD 4-way NanoEdge bezel display, Ergonomic backlit chiclet keyboard, Extensive connectivity
|Latest HP 14 |
Features: AMD Dual Core Ryzen 3 3200U, AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics, HD SVA BrightView micro-edge Touchscreen
|Fast Dell Latitude E5470 |
Features: HD Anti-Glare Screen, 6th Generation i5-6300U Processor
|Acer Aspire 5 |
Features: 15.6 Inches FHD IPS Display, Fingerprint Reader, 8th Generation Intel Core i5 Processor
|HP Elitebook 840 G3 |
Features: Intel i5-6200U, HD Webcam, Backlit Keyboard
|CHUWI HeroBook Pro |
Features: Intel UHD Graphics 600, Thinner and lighter compared to the previous model, Full HD 1920×1080 display
In the sections to follow, I’ll review one-by-one the laptops that I think are the best for playing Fornite. I have reviewed each laptop based on the aspects mentioned above.
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- 1080p (1920×1080) 14-inch screen
- 256GB SSD storage
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 is Lenovo’s answer to finding the right budget-friendly laptop for a quality gaming experience.
Processor: Its hardware comes with a snappy AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor that has four cores and two threads per core and is built on 12-nanometer technology. Benchmark results put it above its direct competitor, i.e., the Intel Core i5 (8th generation). So we can say that speed isn’t an issue or this laptop.
Ram: As far as memory is concerned, it comes with 8GB DDR4 RAM that runs on a frequency of 2400HZ.
GPU: It has an 8GB DDR4 RAM in terms of GPU, which for its price point is the best in this range and is much better than those in the Intel Core i5 laptops.
Display: Talking about gaming and Fortnite, display quality plays an important role in the overall user experience. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 comes with a 1080p (1920×1080) 14-inch screen. It has a TN panel instead of an IPS one, and its maximum brightness is 220 nits.
Storage: The laptop has got a decent 256GB SSD storage.
- Advanced processor
- Radeon Vega 8 is a more advanced GPU
- Smooth gaming
- The 14-inch screen size is hard to get used to.
- On high brightness settings, the battery performance can’t be termed satisfactory.
- 10th generation Intel Core i3 processor
- DDR4 RAM
- Dedicated Intel UHD G1 GPU
- 15.6-inch 1080p screen with a TN panel
- 128GB SSD storage
The second best laptop for fortnite under $500 is the Asus Vivobook 15. It is known for building impressive gaming laptops over the years. From its first look, the ASUS Vivobook 15 seems to be inspired by ASUS’s top-of-the-line Zenbook laptop.
Processor: This laptop comes with a 10th generation Intel Core i3 -1005G1. It has two cores and four threads, making it reasonably slower than the other laptops on this list. However, it’s built on a more advanced 10-nanometer chip. Benchmarks put it 24.5% faster than its compatriot, i.e., the 10th generation Comet lake.
Ram: It has got eight gigs of DDR4 RAM, which is reasonable given the price tag.
GPU: It has a dedicated Intel UHD G1 GPU of the latest Gen 11 architecture. Based on all these specifications, this laptop can play Fortnite at 720p on 45-55 FPS, whereas on 1080p, you might experience lagging.
Display: IT comes with a a 15.6-inch 1080p screen with a TN panel.
Storage: The laptop has 128GB SSD storage.
- Excellent build quality with an aluminum finish on its back.
- The keyboard has an ergonomic tilt of around 2 degrees, making it easier to use and improve the gaming experience.
- The 10-nanometer chip is more energy-efficient, which gives this laptop average battery life of 7-8 hours on 1080p video playback.
- The SSD storage is a mediocre 128GB.
- Ryzen 3 3200U processor
- 256GB SSD storage
- 8 gigs of RAM
- Radeon Vega 3 GPU
- 1366×768 display resolution
Not that it is directly related to Fornite gaming, but this is the only laptop on the list that has got a touchscreen.
Processor: The laptop is powered by a Ryzen 3 3200U processor and has two cores and four threads. In terms of performance, this process is 16% slower than the Ryzen 5 3500U.
Storage: It comes with an impressive 256GB SSD storage, making the boot-up speed extremely fast.
Ram: In terms of memory, it comes with 8 gigs of RAM, but since it supports dual-channel Ram, you can easily upgrade it to 12 or 16 gigs by spending as little as $30.
GPU: The laptop comes with a built-in Radeon Vega 3 GPU, which is better than the integrated Intel HD 620 but isn’t comparable to the Radeon Vega 8.
Display: The laptop has a 1366×768 display resolution, putting it below the other laptops on this list.
- The laptop has a decent storage capacity of 256GB under a normal budget.
- The low screen resolution makes it more power-efficient, which means improved battery life.
- The dual-channel Ram is something that can enhance the gaming experience of the user. By adding a stick of Ram, the user can get higher frame rates.
- The screen size is a bit small which is just 14 inches.
- Dual-core Intel Core i5-6300-U processor
- 8 gigs of DDR4 RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 520
- Improved M.2 256GB SSD storage
- 14.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) display
The Dell Latitude E5470 is the oldest laptop on this list. Released in 2016, it came out as a successor to the Dell E5440 and the E5450. The laptop’s price has got drastically cheaper than the price tag it was released with; however, many better laptops have been released ever since. I have included this machine since its single-core performance is efficient as compared to their competitors in this price range. Despite being directly catered towards business professionals, it is also a solid choice for personal use.
Processor: The laptop comes with a Dual-core Intel Core i5-6300-U processor, which, for the sake of comparison, is 10% slower than the Ryzen 3 3200U.
Ram: It is equipped with 8 gigs of DDR4 RAM.
GPU: The gaming experience isn’t as fluid since you’re stuck with the integrated GPU, i.e., Intel HD Graphics 520.
Storage: Equipped with an improved M.2 256GB SSD storage.
Display: The laptop has a 14.6-inch HD (1366 x 768).
- It has got a pretty decent screen for its time, with apt brightness and powerful viewing angles.
- Comes with DDR4 RAM, a massive jump over its predecessors, powered by DDR3 RAM.
- The built quality of the quality is premium.
- I like the single-core performance, which means that a single game can run smoothly on this laptop.
- The laptop has a heating-up issue due to its high single-core pressure.
- Dual-core Ryzen 3 3200U processor
- Comes with 4 GB and can be expanded to 8 GB
- Radeon Vega 3 GPU
- 15.6″ Full HD 1080p IPS display
- 128GB SSD storage
Acer Aspire 5 is consistently rated as one of the most budget-friendly and high-performing laptops of 2020. The reason is that despite not being a high-end gaming laptop, it ticks a lot of aspects needed to have a good gaming experience on Fortnite.
Processor: It comes with a Dual-core Ryzen 3 3200U processor that has four threads.
Ram: The base variant of the laptop comes with a 4GB Ram, which can be expanded to 8GB
GPU: Radeon Vega 3.
Display: 15.6″ Full HD 1080p IPS screen.
Storage: The laptop has a 128GB SSD storage capacity.
- The laptop comes with a 15.6″ fantastic display of 1080p and an IPS panel. It comes with color intelligence technology.
- It has a pleasing backlit keyboard with adjustable backlit brightness.
- The SSD storage can be expanded, thus improving the performance a lot more.
- The laptop comes with a primary SSD storage of 128GB only.
- Despite being advanced in technology, the Ram isn’t enough to run the game in a high setting.
- 6th generation Intel Core i5-6300U processor
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 520 GPU
- 14 inch LED backlight 1080p display
- 256GB of SSD storage
The HP Elitebook 840 G3 is a high-end consumer-level business laptop. It isn’t as latest as some of the other laptops on this list, but the laptop has remained a high-seller ever since it came out, based on its performance.
Processor: When it comes to the processor, it has got a 6th generation Intel Core i5-6300U processor. It has got two cores and four threads.
RAM: It has got a hefty 8GB DDR4 RAM. The additional Ram capacity will boost the user gaming experience and enhance the frame rates by at least 30%.
GPU: Equipped with an essential Intel HD Graphics 520 GPU. This will run heavy games on the low resolution since the laptop already has an above-par Ram capacity.
Display: Got an impressive 14 inch LED backlight 1080p display, which makes the user experience pleasant.
Storage: Comes with an SSD storage capacity of 256GB, which is just about as acceptable as it can be, given the price range.
- This Elitebook has an overwhelming 16GB Ram, making it the laptop with the most GB of Ram on this list.
- It has a decent processor, which has strong single-core results.
- The laptop has an old-school GPU, whichis slightly low for professional gamers.
- Intel Gemini Lake N4000 processor
- 8GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- Intel UHD Graphics 600
- Impressive 256GB M.2. SSD
- 14.1 inch Full HD 1080p IPS display
In this list, I have looked at laptops developed by companies that have set a stronghold over the global market for a long time. I’m going to end this list by sharing a another beast that is pretty new to the market. The Chuwi Herobook pro has marked its presence by providing impressive features at a very reasonable cost.
Processor: An Intel Gemini Lake N4000 processor powers the Chuwi Herobook Pro. This processor is noise-efficient but not as powerful as the other laptops on this list. It’s a Celeron-based processor, which isn’t actually recommended for gaming.
RAM: The laptop has got 8GB of LPDDR4 RAM. This makes it a safe option for someone who wants to have high-memory storage. The additional Ram can help in multi-tasking.
GPU: It has an Intel UHD Graphics 600. Like its processor, the GPU is efficient in terms of power consumption. Still, its performance is not comparable to laptops with integrated GPUs like Radeon Vega or Geforce.
Storage: This machine has got a very impressive 256GB M.2. SSD storage.
Display: Comes with a 14.1 inch Full HD 1080p IPS. The low screen size and high resolution make it one of the most dynamic and fluid displays on this list.
- The laptop has an excellent storage capacity for its price point. Most of the laptops, if not all, have a limited storage of 128GB.
- The laptop comes with a nearly perfect quality screen. The low screen size and the higher resolution give the user an impressive visual experience.
- The laptop has a mediocre processor, which isn’t as powerful as the Intel core i3, i5, i7, and the processors from AMD RYZEN.
- The laptop’s integrated graphics card isn’t powerful enough to run the game at higher frame rates
Frequently Asked Questions
What laptops can run fortnite?
There are plenty of laptops in the list that can guide your way to the victory royale, however my best pick to run this game with stable frames without the pesky stuttering frames is Acer Aspire 5 slim because of its high end integrated Vega 3 Graphics card from the list.
Can a 500 dollar laptop run fortnite?
Since the price hike due to the global pandemic, Covid-19 has struck every production company and brought the manufacturing of laptops to a sudden halt, finding a good machine that could fortnite at ultra settings is almost impossible. However, if you are tight on budget or own a laptop that is a little outdated for today’s standard, a $500 laptop like the Asus Vivobook 15 can handle fortnite at medium settings fairly well.
How to Choose the Best Laptop for Fortnite Under 500 Dollars – Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
When you have intended to spend money and get yourself a laptop that you want to play games on, you want your money to be spent on something worth it. This article’s main plan is to give the readers an idea about what they should be looking for in a good gaming laptop. Something they can play Fornite on.
After my research, I provided a list of the seven best laptops that the user can play Fortnite on and use for other games.
As a user, you have to do your homework and have a clear idea of what is essential for enjoying a good gaming experience. By looking at the features of all the laptops, it’s hard to choose a clear winner. Some of them have reasonably older processors but have an adequate storage capacity and screen quality.
Similarly, some laptops have the latest processors and GPUs, but then their screen quality isn’t that good, and they have low resolutions. At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preferences.
Based on our knowledge, however, if you’re looking for a laptop with the latest processor and GPU, things that are imperative for swift Fortnite gaming, I recommend the Lenovo Ideapad 3. The only visible thing you have to compromise on is its screen, only 14 inches. Similarly, there are chances that your priority is to have a unique visual experience in terms of screen, and you can compromise on the specifications a little.
lIn that case, I recommend an Acer Aspire 5. The downside to this laptop is its limited storage and its restricted Windows 10s OS.
Now that you’ve read the whole article, I hope that you’re at least more clear about what laptop to look for and the different options available for you. Best of luck!