Build your own empire and become the monarch of your realm. Learn the tricks of survival and much more! Guessed right! I am talking about Minecraft, the prodigious sandbox game. The best-selling video game of all time.
In a Hurry? Have a look at the top picks:
Absolutely not! I am going to prove you wrong by listing below the best laptops for Minecraft under 500.
The List of Cheap Laptops for Minecraft Under 500 US Dollars
Our Top Pick
|Newest HP Pavilion x360 |
Features: WLED backlit Touchscreen, 360 degrees rotation, Slim and sleek design
|Acer Aspire 5 |
Features: 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, LED-backlit display, Fingerprint sensor
|ASUS VivoBook F512 |
Features: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor, FHD 1920 x 1080px narrow-bezel display, Backlit keyboard
|Newest Dell Inspiron 15 |
Features: HD 1366 x 768px Antiglare display, Intel UHD Graphics 610 integration, Powerful internals
|HP Notebook 15-dy1008CA |
Features: Intel UHD Graphics, Realtek Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0, Good battery life
|Lenovo IdeaPad 3 |
Features: HD 1366 x 768px narrow-edged display, AMD Ryzen 3, AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics
|ASUS VivoBook L203MA |
Features: Intel UHD Graphics 600 integration, 180-degree hinge, 10 hours Battery stand
This succinct list has been sewed up after hours of research and talking to the Minecraft addicts and experts, asking them about the haves and have-nots of a gaming laptop. And then, here is the sieved result for you.
Explore the list, see my top best picks and grab the one that appeals most to you.
- 11.6″ HD 1366 x 768px IPS, WLED backlit Touchscreen
- Intel UHD Graphics 605 integration
- 360 degrees rotation
- Intel Pentium N5000 Quad-core processor
- 4 GB DDR4 SDRAM and 512 GB SSD storage
- Windows 10 O.S in “S” mode
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Multiple ports and a 720p camera
- Only 2.67 lbs
Just a little higher than $500, the first best laptop for Minecraft on my list is the HP Pavilion.
This laptop comes with Intel Pentium N5000 Quad-core processor. The processor has a base speed of 1.1GHz and a maximum speed of 2.70GHz with a 4MB Intel Smart Cache. It has a 4GB DDR4 SDRAM and a massive 512GB SSD storage.
Atop of everything is the visual experience and this 2 in 1 laptop has a Glossy 11.6 inches Touchscreen with a resolution of 1366 x 768px and gives you cool brighter views. The IPS tech and WLED backlighting provide you with some vivid and clearer colors whether you are working on photos, watching live streams, or playing games. The display is backed by Intel UHD Graphics 605 support too.
It comes with a 360 degrees hinge which means if you, at times, want to create your ideas on its tablet, you can bend it and satisfy yours craves. It has Windows 10 “S” O.S but you can easily switch to the regular Windows 10. The Bang and Olufsen Audio and HP Audio Boost technology ensure you get fine audio via its quality stereo speakers. It is so easily portable with a weight of just 2.67 pounds.
- Suitable for gaming and lighter tasks
- Fine visuals and graphics support
- You can play the game both on its laptop mode and tablet mode
- Quality speakers and voice
- It is so easily portable
- Not recommended for playing games in high frames
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 processor
- 1.0GHz base speed, 3.6GHz maximum speed
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM and 256GB NVMe SSD storage
- 15.6″ FHD 1920 x 1080px IPS, LED-backlit display
- Intel UHD Graphics support
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and Bluetooth 5.0
- Fingerprint sensor and backlit keyboard
- Windows 10 Home O.S
Yet again exceeding 500 a little, but if you did not like the first one, I am sure my 2nd pick can persuade you. This laptop will not only let you play your favorite games but also help you in your college studies.
Let me talk about the display first. This beautiful laptop has got a 15.6 inches Full HD 1920 x 1080px wide IPS and LED-backlit display. It comes with the Intel UHD Graphics integration, ensuring you enjoy an enriched visual experience. Its 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Quad-core processor is the best fit for your graphic-intense gaming and working needs since it has a base speed of 1.0GHz and a boost up the speed of almost 3.6GHz which is just mesmerizing.
The laptop comes with an 8GB DDR4 SDRAM and 256GB NVMe SSD storage and there is an additional 1x Hard Drive Bay available. You are powered with the latest 802.11ax standard Wi-Fi 6 AX201 having a 2.4Gbps max speed. Work and play games easily in low lights with its full-size backlit keyboard and secure your data with the fingerprint scanner. Have smooth communications via its 1280 x 720 HD webcam and Acer Purified Voice technology with two built-in microphones. The operating system is Windows 10 Home.
- Powerful processor, snappy memory, and expandable storage
- Widescreen with beautiful graphics
- Latest Wi-Fi technology
- Windows Hello sign-in using the fingerprint reader
- Backlit keyboard – easy work in low light
- Some users complain about its camera quality
- 4 pounds but still worth it since it is a gaming gadget
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Quad-core processor
- 15.6″ FHD 1920 x 1080px narrow-bezel display
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 8 Graphics support
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM and 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage
- ErgoLift design and Backlit keyboard
- Windows Hello easy sign-in via the fingerprint sensor
- Windows 10 Home O.S
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth
- SD Card reader
The third best laptop for gaming on my list is the ASUS VivoBook which is $500 up but worth the price. Just to let you know
ASUS VivoBook comes with a strapping AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Quad-core processor with 2M Cache and a speed of up to 3.6GHz. Just a WOW speed. The laptop has been fitted with an 8GB DDR4 SDRAM and 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage giving you enormous power to do things.
It has a 15.6 inches display with narrow edges on all four sides of the screen and an FHD resolution of 1920 x 1080px. The AMD Radeon RX Vega 8 Graphics enhances the graphics and the 178 degrees viewing angle provides you with the same crispy display from sideways even. The ErgoLift designed keyboard ensures you type comfortably and the backlighting eases your work at night times as well.
It has the inbuilt windows 10 Home O.S. You can easily sign in via Windows Hello using the fingerprint sensor. Its wireless connectivity comprises 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth. There are multiple USB ports and a Micro SD Card reader. It weighs 3.5 pounds in weight.
- Play Minecraft and many other latest games with the fast processor
- Wide and uncluttered display and smooth graphics
- Mighty memory and storage
- Backlit keyboard with a comfy typing composition
- Unlock and sign-in promptly with the fingerprint reader
- No Optical drive
- It comes with only one soldered RAM slot
- 15.6″ HD 1366 x 768px Antiglare, LED-backlit display
- Intel UHD Graphics 610 integration
- Intel Celeron 4205U Dual-core processor
- 12GB DDR4 SDRAM and 256GB SSD
- 1TB Hybrid (SSD+HDD) Hard Drive
- Windows 10 Home O.S
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- An SD Card reader and RJ45 (Ethernet) port
Check out the 4th one on my list, the Dell Inspiron.
This laptop has been powered with the Intel Celeron 4205U Dual-core processor which has a 2MB Intel Smart Cache and 1.8GHz base speed. Being fitted with the 12GB DDR4 SDRAM and 256GB SSD plus 1TB Hard Disk Dual Drive i.e. a combination of 1x SSD and 1x HDD, it leaves you with plenty of storage and ensures a fluent working experience. The Windows 10 Home serves as the Operating system and controls the overall operations.
It has a 15.6 inches HD 1366 x 768px Antiglare and LED-backlit display. To make sure you see some smooth and eye-catchy visuals, the display is been integrated with the Intel UHD Graphics 610 support. It has, 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth, wireless connectivity. Alongside other multiple ports, there is an SD card reader and one RJ45 network (Ethernet) port too. The laptops weigh almost 5 i.e. 4.8 pounds.
- Display and Graphics are cool
- Memory and storage are outstanding
- It has the RJ45 Ethernet/Network port
- A little heavy but you know gaming laptops are often heavy ones
- Could be a little slow in performance
- Intel Core i3-1005G1 Dual-core processor
- 1.2GHz base and 3.4GHz boost up processing speed
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM and 256GB PCIe NVM M.2 SSD storage
- 15.6″ HD 1366 x 768px Non-touch display
- Intel UHD Graphics integration
- Windows 10 Home O.S
- Realtek Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0
- 3x USB 3.1 ports
Its now my fifth top pick for the Minecraft lovers like you.
The HP Notebook inherits the robust Intel Core i3-1005G1 Dual-core processor with 4MB Intel Smart Cache, a base speed of 1.20GHz while a maximal speed of 3.40GHz. You are left with plenty of power to do all the hectic multitasking and intense gaming with its snappy processor. It comes with 8GB DDR4 SDRAM and 256GB PCIe NVM M.2 SSD storage.
Its display characterizes a 15.6 inches screen with 1366 x 768px HD resolution and is backed by the Intel UHD Graphics support delivering you beautiful and captivating graphics. The laptop comes with the 64 bit Windows 10 Home Operating system.
The laptop has an eye-catchy shiny body which further adds to your personality. You are free to connect with the world through its Realtek 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity. And last but not the least, you can take full out of its long-lasting battery. You won’t have to worry about having the charger all the time.
- The processor’s speed can get a boost
- Its memory is good for fluent working and processing
- The display and graphics are soothing
- Battery performance is praiseworthy
- Not withstanding much heavier loads – good for lighter working and gaming
- Around 5 pounds in weight but O.K for a gaming laptop
- 15.6″ HD 1366 x 768px narrow-edged display
- AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics
- AMD Ryzen 3 3250U processor
- 2.6GHz base and 3.5GHz maximal processing speed
- 4GB DDR4 SDRAM and 128GB M.2 NVMe SSD storage
- Windows 10 Home O.S
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi (2×2) and Bluetooth 4.1
- 3x USB ports and an SD Card reader
- 4.84 lbs
Lenovo IdeaPad is admired for its 15.6 inches narrow-edged display with an HD resolution of 1366 x 768px. The AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics integration has enhanced the visual experience and you can enjoy your gameplay and stream-watching, both to the utmost crispiness and smoothness. The sound quality is been enriched by the Dolby Audio support and the dual speakers deliver stunning audio.
This laptop has been implemented with the AMD Ryzen 3 3250U processor and the AMD multi-core processing provides you with higher bandwidth and electric processing i.e. 3.5GHz max speed. The 4GB DDR4 SDRAM and 128GB M.2 NVMe SSD storage empowers you to do more in less time and go fluent with all the processes. Its Operating system is Windows 10 Home in “S” mode but can be easily switched to regular Windows 10.
Also read: Best Chromebooks in 2022
The laptop’s webcam has a physical privacy shutter to make sure your privacy remains intact. The 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 (2 x 2) technology and Bluetooth 4.1 support enable you to connect without wires. And, this beautiful notebook-style gadget is just easily affordable and in-budget for everyone.
- Memory and Storage are expandable
- The battery life is quite good
- The sound quality and speakers are decent
- Touchpad is highly responsive
- Windows 10 Home “S” can be easily switched to regular Windows 10
- The camera quality is not that good
- O.K for Minecraft and other light games, not for heavier ones
- Intel Celeron N4000 Dual-core processor
- 4GB DDR4 SDRAM and 64GB eMMC Flash storage
- 11.6″ display with a max resolution of 1920 x 1080px
- Intel UHD Graphics 600 integration
- 180 degrees hinge
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 4.1
- 10 hours Battery stand
- 3x USB 3.0 ports
- Only 2.2 lbs
The last laptop on my list is quite a much affordable and easily portable pick for the people who are always on the go since it is just 2.2 pounds in weight.
A perfect fit for your light gaming and day-to-day computing needs, the ASUS’s compact VivoBook has got the Intel Celeron N4000 Dual-core processor which has a 4M Intel Smart Cache and a speed of up to 2.6GHz. It comes with a 4GB DDR4 SDRAM and 64GB of eMMC storage. The laptop has Windows 10 “S” operating system.
This laptop has a display of 11.6 inches and 1366 x 768px resolution but it can get to a Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080px. The backing of Intel UHD Graphics 600 makes sure you witness alluring visuals and graphics. Enjoy speedy web surfing and internet browsing with its 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 connectivity. It definitely has a Bluetooth (4.1) as well.
It comes with the Office 365 personal free 1-year subscription and compatibility with the Google Classroom. Its battery performance is more than fine with almost 10 hours stand on one charge. If you’re looking for a lightweight laptop that can be easily carried out, this machine is the right choice.
- Perfect CPU and RAM for lighter day to day tasks
- It is so compact and easily portable
- It is perfectly an in-budget pick
- A flat 180 degrees hinge – share your moments with others
- Low RAM but can be upgraded easily.
Frequently Asked Questions: Best Laptop for Minecraft Under $500
Which laptop is best for Minecraft?
The world of Minecraft is beyond any limitation and you can put an immense amount of creativity ranging from making canvases of your beloved celebrity or just a dream place with a nice farm to emulating the blocky graphics of the beautiful game, the Asus Vivobook 15 and Acer Aspire 5 is a worthy contender in the list mentioned above to satisfy your gaming needs at an acceptable frame rate.
How much RAM do you need for Minecraft?
Considering that 16GB of DDR4 RAM is now a sweet spot in gaming, Minecraft with special graphical mods and other textures can be demanding and you are better off from somewhere around 8-12GB of RAM.
Is Minecraft really infinite?
Practically yes, theoretically, no. since there is an invisible boundary limit when you reach a threshold of 30,000,000 blocks from your spawning point.
Let me now bring things to an end and add a few final thoughts.
Studying for long hours and consistent working is no doubt unimpeachable but to stay focused, one needs to get a break and fresh him/herself. And games have always remained to be the best source of refreshment.
That is why I have tried my best to help you find the best gaming gadgets, which could also easily fall in your budget and affordability. Hence, I have summed up for you, the best laptops for Minecraft under 500, in the article. Also, this article will help you pick the right laptop even if you’re a student.
Well, if all games are good then why so much focus on Minecraft only? That’s because I certainly want you to refresh yourself but not with just a game, rather with learning new things and getting your creativity kindled. And then, Minecraft is the only choice being left to you.
If you ask me, I would suggest the “Acer Aspire 5” since its technical features are quite well-framed for gaming and it comes in your budget too. Otherwise, all the laptops are feature-packed. Make a prudent selection. Go easy and happy!