This is, perhaps, going to be my last task, my last typing on this laptop, on its compact keyboard!
Yes, I am searching for a big machine again. I am really missing my previous laptop, its keyboard, that distinct numeric pad, and all those additional but, in fact, handy keys i.e. Pg Up, Pg Down, Home, etc.
Need something fast? Browse our top picks.
Anyways, as soon as my research finishes and I successfully manage to gather all the best laptops with full size keyboards available in the market, I am straight away gonna grab one. And that is only because I am a data entry operator by profession and a gamer by passion, so you know how awfully do I need all those extra keys, etc.
Well, although my present machine is a compact one hence it’s there beside me all the time and is mighty enough too, but the only reason why I regret this investment is, that it lags in the keyboard department, whereas that’s what I actually and intensely need. So, I am gonna change it now.
Although I have already chosen one for myself, I’m listing my search results, as it is, here in this writeup as well, so that you too, if are in some such quest, can benefit from it.
Best Laptop with Full Size Keyboard in 2022 [Ultimate List]
Our Top Pick
|HP 15-dy2021nr |
Features: 11th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, IPS, and antiglare display, Full-sized keyboard
|Lenovo IdeaPad 3 |
Features: AMD Ryzen 3 3250U Processor, Full-sized keyboard, AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics
|Latest Lenovo ThinkPad E15 |
Features: 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, Biometric fingerprint reader, 8+ hours of battery stand
|Acer Aspire 5 Slim |
Features: AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual-core Processor, AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics, HD webcam
|HP Pavilion 15-CS |
Features: IPS, WLED Backlit nano-edge screen, Full-sized ergonomic backlit keyboard, HP Wide vision camera
|ASUS ZenBook 15 |
Features: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q, Backlit keyboard, 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor
|Acer Predator Helios 300 |
Features: Latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics, Full HD widescreen IPS display, 7 hours of battery
So, here are my top 7 picks for you. Let me explore them one by one.
- 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processor
- 15.6″ nano-edged, FHD 1920 x 1080 px, IPS display
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM and 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Full-sized keyboard and HP image pad
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 (2 x 2) and Bluetooth 5.0
- 720p camera and dual array mic
- 2x USB Type-A, 1x USB Type C, HDMI port, an SD card slot
- 7+ hours battery stand and HP Fast Charge support
- 3.75 pounds
Starting off with one of the biggest names in the computer world i.e. HP, and introducing one of its beast laptops featuring a stylish design and quite easy portability, despite such a big chassis.
Coming to the technical side, this laptop houses the strapping 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad-core processor, has 8GB memory and a 256GB SSD, collectively making the laptop fit enough to rip through heavy loads like a monster. Windows 10 Home serves as its Operating system.
Just look at the price and specs, and then honestly say, isn’t it a “pay less and get more” option?
With just 6.5mm thin bezels all around its 15.6-inched screen, this laptop besides providing a wider viewing area delivers a Full HD display, with the visuals being enriched and enhanced by the Intel Iris Xe Graphics integration into it. The screen features IPS technology and is antiglare as well.
Additionally, the Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5 combo and numerous other ports, therein, make the laptop easy to connect everywhere, all the time. And lastly, its battery can compeer you for up to 7 hours nonstop and can get juiced up to almost 50% in just less than an hour because of the HP Fast Charge support.
- Newest powerful processor
- Supportive RAM and SSD
- Wider display area
- Good battery and superfast charging
- Speedy throughout connectivity
- Portable and affordable too
- A handful of users disliked the silver colored keyboard
- 15.6″ HD (1366 x 768 px) narrow-edged display
- AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics support
- AMD Ryzen 3 3250U Processor
- 4GB DDR4 SDRAM and 128GB M.2 NVMe SSD storage
- Windows 10 Home in “S” mode
- Full-sized keyboard
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi (2×2) and Bluetooth 4.1
- 3x USB ports, HDMI port, an SD Card reader
- 4.84 lbs
This is undoubtedly the best budget laptop with a full-size keyboard. Even I would say, it is one that everyone out there can afford.
Be it the audio or video, enjoy it to an utmost crisp now. Yes, this laptop features a 15.6″ HD screen with 1366 x 768 px native display resolution complemented by the AMD Radeon Vega 3 Graphics. Plus, it has got Dolby Audio support, making sure that, some immersive bass and sound is delivered via the laptop’s two quality speakers.
The AMD Ryzen 3 3250U processor that this laptop hosts, is a good value for your money since it displays a classic multi-core processing providing you a more than enough power to process things out.
However, the 4GB memory, 128GB SSD, and Windows 10 Home in “S” mode, which although can be easily switched to regular Windows mode, makes this laptop a little limited.
Still, for it bucks below 400, you probably won’t complain about these things.
The laptop takes the best care of your privacy and spares you with a physical privacy shutter on its webcam. It also carries the user-friendly Q-control feature, hence empowering you to easily switch between “Max” and “Quiet” machine’s performance modes.
- Good processor
- One extra memory slot and SSD is upgradable too
- Fine battery performance
- Supportive Q-control feature
- Great speakers and sound
- Responsive Touchpad
- Non-backlit keyboard
- A bit poor viewing angles
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10210U Processor
- 15.6″ FHD, IPS, Antiglare, LED display
- Windows 10 Pro OS
- Webcam with physical ThinkShutter privacy cover
- Full-sized keyboard with a biometric fingerprint reader
- 1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.1 (Gen 1), 1x USB-C 3.1 (Gen 1),
- HDMI, and RJ-45 ports, Headphone/mic jack, and
- Kensington lock slot
- 8+ hours battery stand
Third, on my list is indeed the best laptop with a full-size keyboard. Go for it without thinking, one of Lenovo’s high-end machines.
Starting with its muscular 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10210U Quad-core processor showing a 1.6GHz normal speed whereas a 4.2GHz super-snappy turbo-boosted frequency, this laptop, in addition, also packs 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD.
Hence an electric high processing speed, plus a higher-bandwidth DDR4 RAM, plus a super-fluent massive SSD, makes it a complete power pack.
What’s more is that it comes with Windows 10 Pro Operating system, thus ratifying things with the ultimate security features and letting you experience many novel attributes as well.
Its display department comprises a 15.6-inched Antiglare LED screen soaking in the IPS technology and displaying a Full HD resolution. The display has got the Intel UHD Graphics integration as well.
It’s a secure machine! Yes, you’ve got physical privacy (ThinkShutter) cover on the webcam, an integrated fingerprint reader, the TPM 2.0 Chip inside, and a Kensington lock slot as well, all this for an ultimate safety assurance 24/7.
Its battery can compeer you for some 8+ hours on one charge. And lastly, the outer mil-spec tested aluminum unibody is claimed to brook all sorts of contusions, drops, and even liquid spills, etc.
- Strapping processor
- Mighty (upgradable) RAM and SSD
- Stunning screen and display
- Ultimate security assurance
- Good battery
- Generous connectivity ports
- Sturdy composition
- Not a gaming graphics card, therein
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual-core Processor
- 15.6″ FHD (1920 x 1080 px) IPS and LED-backlit display
- AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics support
- 4GB DDR4 SDRAM and 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD storage
- Windows 10 OS in S mode
- Full-size backlit keyboard
- HD webcam and Two built-in mics
- 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 2x USB 2.0, HDMI and RJ-45 ports
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 4.0
- 3.97 pounds
If you think you can not find an eye-catchy display and a satisfying visual quality in a cheap laptop, you need to check out this Acer’s beast.
Indeed, the best value for such a low price, this laptop holds a beautiful 15.6″ wide IPS and LED-backlit screen delivering a Full HD display resolution with the AMD Radeon Vega 3 serving the functions of graphics processing.
Rest, if you’ve gone through my previous (second) pick, you’ll find this one quite alike i.e. it also has the AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual-core processor, 4GB RAM, and 128GB SSD. The Operating system installed is Windows 10 in “S” mode.
I say it is a beast because even at such a low price you are getting a standard-sized backlit keyboard, an HD webcam with dual array mics featuring Acer Purified Voice technology, a Wi-Fi 5, and Bluetooth 4.0 combo, multifarious connectivity ports, and much more.
Need not to mention that the battery performance depends on your usage rate, but you’ll still get a 6+ hours one-charge to stand here.
- Good entry-level processor
- Upgradable RAM and SSD
- Great display and viewing angles
- A fair battery
- Beautiful backlit keyboard
- Windows 10 in S mode
- Average speakers
- 15.6″ FHD, IPS, WLED Backlit, and multi-touch enabled nano-edged screen
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor
- 32GB Intel Optane memory and Intel UHD Graphics integration
- 12GB DDR4 SDRAM and 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage
- 64-bit Windows 10 Home OS
- Full-sized ergonomic backlit keyboard
- HP Wide Vision camera and quality B&O audio
- 4.08 pounds
Not only on the keyboard, work straight on the screen now! Yes, the 5th one on my list is an HP’s mesmerizing Touchscreen laptop.
Holding a big 15.6″ multi-touch enabled, IPS screen with sides bezels almost equal to no, this laptop provides you with a wider viewing area plus a bigger working space as well. Adding more, the display resolution you get here is a Full HD and since it is a Brightview WLED backlit display, it’s no doubt something more than stunning.
Beneath your hands is a beautiful, full-sized, and fully backlit keyboard, which besides other things, is classically ergonomic as well i.e. open up the lid (screen), and the keyboard elevates a little getting comfortable for you to type on. This laptop’s trackpad also carries the versatility of the HP Imagepad with multitouch gesture support.
The laptop has been implemented with the 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 Quad-core processor, 12GB snappier memory, and a 512GB SSD. It has Windows 10 Home Operating system.
Some other features include an HP’s HD Wide vision camera, Bang and Olufsen Audio via the two quality speakers, and a snappy Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5 combo.
- Fine processor plus Optane memory support
- High bandwidth memory and massive storage
- Classy touchscreen display
- Beautiful ergonomic keyboard
- HP Imagepad cum trackpad
- HP Fast Charge support
- Lethal connectivity options
- It’s a bit noisy comparatively
- Average battery
- 15.6″ ultra-narrow edged 4K UHD (3840 x 2160 px) display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q discrete Graphics support
- 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10510U Quad-core Processor
- 16GB DDR3 SDRAM and 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Windows 10 Home OS
- Fully-integrated backlit keyboard
- 5.65″ Screenpad 2.0 with FHD display
- IR camera for facial recognition
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0
- Multiple USB 3.1, USB -C, and HDMI port and SD Card slot too
- 0.7″ thin and 3.6 lbs in weight
Second last on my pick list but a much heavily feature-packed laptop and my personal favorite too, literally.
It’s a laptop with two screens! Yes, one is the main 15.6-inched ultra-narrow-edged throughout, 4K UHD screen, which is an ultimate solution to your visual craves. Whereas the second is in the touchpad i.e. the Screenpad 2.0, a giant leap in innovation, an intelligent mini 5.65″ screen that fits many different apps into it.
It conforms to your needs, empowers you to have much better control of your multitasking, etc., and has much intuitive interaction with the machine, as a whole.
It’s unbeatable on the technical side as well, for it houses some nonpareil powers therein i.e. it has the robust 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10510U Quad-core processor displaying a beast speed of up to 4.9GHz max, has 16GB RAM, and a 512GB SSD.
Amazing or more than amazing? Decide now!
The 15.6″ and 178-degree wide-viewing screen makes almost 92% of the body, delivers a Full HD display and crunchy graphics processed by the gaming-grade discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU.
Although it exhibits a much durable Military Standard 810G composition, the laptop is still mesmerizingly thin and light in weight as well.
- 4K screen and nonpareil graphics
- Ultra-powerful processor
- Mighty RAM and SSD options
- 3 keyboard backlight levels
- Windows Hello easy sign-in via facial recognition
- Sturdy and durable Mil-Standard composition
- Thin and lightweight
- USB-C port is not a Thunderbolt port
- Silver-colored keys and a bit dim backlight
- 7th Gen Intel Core i7 Quad-core Processor
- 16GB DDR4 SDRAM and 256GB SSD
- 15.6″ FHD (1920 x 1080 px) and LED-Backlit IPS display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics with 6GB dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- The bold red backlit full-sized keyboard
- 1280 x 720p HD webcam
- 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Type-C), USB 2.0, 3.0, HDMI and RJ-45 ports, and an SD card reader
- Approx. 7 hours battery stand
- 5.95 pounds
It’s the 7th and yeah, the last one on my picklist, but probably the most expensive one of all. Predator Helios is a perfect gamers’ laptop holding a pure gaming-grade sturdy casing, eye-catchy design, and some exclusive internal specs too.
Housing the latest and well-built 7th Gen Intel Core i7 4-cored Processor working on a base speed of some 2.8GHz but via the Turbo boost technology, it can touch a high clock frequency of up to 3.8GHz.
It comes fitted with 16GB DDR4 SDRAM and a 256GB SSD whereas also features an easy storage upgrade via the empty additional HDD slot therein. Hence, stay active and efficient with these mighty technical traits and stay on, for keeps.
The laptop has a 15.6″ Full HD and IPS screen displaying the top-notch graphics and visuals processed and enriched by the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU working on the dedicated 6GB VRAM.
- Massive memory
- Fine SSD + storage upgrade options
- Classy graphics processing
- Eye-catchy bright keyboard
- Sturdy build quality
- No display port
- Almost 6 pounds – still ok for a gaming laptop
Frequently Asked Questions
Following are some of the frequently asked questions.
Which laptops have a full keyboard?
Although all of these laptops mentioned above have full-sized layouts, my favorite pick in the whole list would be The Acer Aspire 5, as well as the Lenovo ThinkPad E15. Since both of them have an amazing keyboard build quality and the backlighting is very pleasant and soothing. Moreover, the typing experience is also very tactile due to the perfect travel time in between the keys.
What is a full-size keyboard on a laptop?
A full-sized keyboard is one that has a complete layout consisting of all the keys such as the function keys and a dedicated numeric keypad. If you want to look for laptops that have a complete set of keyboard layouts, your best bet would be going for laptops that have screen sizes above 12 inches since they are built wide enough to have bigger-sized keyboards to rack up every key.
Can I use a full-size keyboard with my laptop?
All of the above-mentioned laptops have full-size keyboards, however by any chance, none of them meets your standards or malfunctioned by any chance, then you are more than welcome to use an external full-size keyboard which will work just as fine as any keyboard. Although I would personally suggest using a Bluetooth keyboard so you wouldn’t have to bother with cables.
If you give them the option to choose one of these two i.e. a mini (easy to carry) laptop, or a big one, people will usually vote for the first option, since everyone loves gadgets that are easy to deal with.
But I won’t! Yes, although the present one that I’m having is also sort of a mini laptop, and to be honest, I am actually framing up this scrip on it. But still, I am searching for a big laptop.
The reason being, its compact keyboard lacks that distinct numeric pad and those other additional yet really supportive keys, which a data entry operator and a gamer like me awfully need, 24/7.
That’s why I am looking for the best laptop with full-size keyboard, and I have even found one best machine for myself i.e. “ASUS ZenBook 15.6“. I don’t hesitate to say that, you too can consider this one if you need an all-around flawless laptop.
Anyways, if it didn’t appeal to you, you can check out the other six options as well.