How to connect Xbox to laptop via the Xbox console? it is a commonly asked question by many peoples but you can easily do it by using the companion app. Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Xbox console companion app on your gaming laptop. Search for it in the search bar of your Windows if you don’t know where it is. If you can’t find it even after that, you might want to install it from the Windows Store.
- Also, download the latest DirectX 12 to steer clear of any problems when playing Xbox games on your PC.
- On the left side of the app, click on the Connection option.
- You’ll see the name of your Xbox. Click on it.
This should connect your laptop to Xbox for the first time. After that, you won’t need to do these steps as the console would automatically connect once you open the app on Windows. However, during the connection, make sure that the console is turned on and running.
Things you Need to Connect Xbox to Laptop
Before connecting, you should have the following things:
- A stable internet connection – I prefer you use around 15 mb/s internet or a connection that has at least 1 MB or 2 MB stable speed.
- A laptop with the latest Windows – No matter which laptop you’re using, it should be updated. Go to Windows Update and do away with all the necessary updates before establishing any connection. Staying up to date helps in staying away from connection problems. Make sure your drivers are up to date, too.
- Minimum system requirements – You should have at least 8GB RAM, Core i5 and above models CPU, and an SSD with an integrated or better yet, a dedicated graphics card to run favorite PC games smoothly. Even if you connect to your system and see that your games are stuttering or the frames are freezing, you may want to upgrade your laptop before playing them.
- A running Xbox – Your laptop won’t connect with the Xbox if it’s not turned on. Therefore, always make sure that it’s running and plugged in before trying to establish a connection.
So far, I’ve discussed how you can connect the two machines wirelessly. There’s also another way to do so.
How to Use a Laptop as a Monitor for Xbox?
You could convert the LCD of your laptop into a monitor for your Xbox by using an HDMI cable. This isn’t a wireless connection, so make sure you have the necessary things.
- You need an HDMI – Before using it, do check it on other devices such as your TV.
- The latest Xbox app – The Xbox Console Companion is already installed on your laptop. You could either use that or simply download the latest Xbox app that Windows has announced.
- Fully charged laptop and running Xbox – Make sure that your laptop is fully charged. I highly recommend that you play video games with your machine connected to a power supply. This will ensure that the battery doesn’t take any undue pressure because of gaming. The Xbox should also be up and running.
Connecting the Laptop and Xbox via HDMI
Follow these steps to connect the two via an HDMI:
- Ensure that your laptop is running but switch off your Xbox.
- Enter the HDMI output into the Xbox and HDMI input into your laptop.
- Turn on your Xbox.
- The moment it turns on, the Xbox app on your PC will recognize it and switch the display to it.
- You can change the display settings via the Xbox app itself.
How to Connect the Xbox Controller to Your PC?
You’d want to use the official Xbox controller to play digital games on your PC. There’s an easy way to connect the two – via Bluetooth.
- Turn Bluetooth on your laptop – press WIN + I to go to settings. There select the Devices > Bluetooth and other devices > Add Bluetooth and other devices> Bluetooth. Your laptop will start searching for any Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Power on the Xbox controller and press and hold the pairing button for a few seconds to go into pairing mode. The Xbox logo will start flashing. It indicates that your device is ready to connect. On your screen, you’d see your controller’s name. Left-click on it to connect.
Streaming your Game from the Xbox Console Companion or Xbox One App
To stream your favorite game to other devices, here’s what to do:
- In the Xbox App, go to Device Connection in Settings.
- Left-click on Allow Game Streaming to Other Devices.
- Also, left-click on Allow Connections from Any Device Connected to your local network.
- Now you can stream your game from the app.
Can you connect Xbox to the laptop with HDMI?
Yes, as long as your laptop has an HDMI port otherwise you can simply opt-out for an HDMI adapter which will let you hook your Xbox to your laptop.
How can I play Xbox games on my laptop with Windows 10?
Simply log in to your Microsoft account in your Xbox Live app and you will be able to play games through the “Xbox Play anywhere” feature, however, the games it has to offer are quite limited. Moreover, you also need the Windows 10-anniversary update for it to work.
How to Connect Xbox to Laptop – Conclusion
Connect your Xbox to any laptop running Windows 10 by using the Xbox Console Companion or connecting the two via HDMI. One is a wireless method while the other isn’t. So, choose as per your convenience and play the console games you want without having to stick around your TV.