Sims 4, a life simulation game where you can live a life of your own choice and preferences, nurture the people you love, and knock down those you hate. The game is massively admired for it satisfies all the human desires to enjoy a living that is free of resistances and trammels since, in real life, this is something impossible.
But what if even in the game you can not fulfill your such wishes due to the cessations or dullness? Purely disgusting!
I think you too happened to face such a situation and that is why you have searched for how to make sims 4 run faster on a laptop.
Ok, so if it’s something like that, congrats that you are just going to find the solution below. Many different ways have been discussed here in the article that you can follow to get the issues resolved but prior to diving down into them, make sure that your system specs meet the games’ requirements.
Minimum System Requirements for SIMS 4
Some of the key requirements are mentioned below.
- The operating system needs to be 64-bit and must be Windows 7 or the latest.
- Intel Core i5 or faster processors are suggested but otherwise, make sure that your processor`s speed is at least 1.8 or 2GHz.
- The system must be having 4GB RAM.
- 15 GB space should at least be available plus 1 GB extra space for custom contents and other configurations.
- 128 MB of dedicated video memory and a competent Graphics processor.
- 3.0 both, Pixel and Vertex Shader.
If you see your system meeting all these requirements, and still the game is running slow or lagging, then give it a scroll and see further the below-listed ways to make your sims 4 run faster.
6 Ways to Make Sims 4 Run Faster
Here are some of the widely used methods that you can apply to get the game run fluently. But before exploring them, let’s have a look over things that we often don’t give importance to, although they are key to stunning gameplay.
- Try to merge all your custom contents i.e. “.package files”. Do not merge “Mods”.
- First, download and install the “Sims 4 Studio” program.
- Open it and seek out “Content Management” in the navigation pane.
- Click it and you will see a drop-down having a “Merge packages” button.
- You will be directed towards your “File Browser”.
- Select all the same packages etc. you like to merge.
- Give the merged file folder a new name and “Save” it.
This will decrease down the load and will ultimately boost up the game’s speed.
- Keep updating mods – Whenever there is a new addition or change in the game or there comes a new patch, you must update your mods. Since the new patch doesn’t support your old modifications, when you will give a command, you won’t get the response due to the game’s update. That is why it is recommended to keep updating all the mods.
- And try not to burden your inventory bucket. Use all the collectibles regularly. Clean up your inventory on regular basis to enjoy a light and smooth gaming experience.
Now let’s dive down to other widely applicable ways. Let’s jump to the solution for the question “How to make Sims 4 Run Faster?”
#1. Clean up your computer
Cleaning up your computer/laptop on regular basis can improve your go-throughs to a higher extent. You know there are lots of unnecessary, temporary, and junk files always available and they certainly override a lot of your system’s space. Cleaning and throwing them out is mandatory.
If you are using Windows 10 and want to make the sims 4 run faster on Windows 10, follow the below-given steps to clean up your storage:
- Open the “Settings” and look for the “System”.
- You will see “Storage” on the left side. Click on it and see all the unnecessary, temporary, or junk files.
- Make sure to select all that rubbish and throw it out.
- But they are still on your computer i.e. in “Recycle Bin”, so do delete them from the “Recycle Bin” as well.
- After being done with all these steps, you will notice the storage space increased.
Now, launch the game and get started. I hope you witness the change i.e. better gameplay. If things are not satisfactory, see further what to do.
#2. Update the graphics driver
The more outdated your graphics processor, the more lags and delays you would encounter. Try to keep an updated one because it plays a key role in the gameplay experience.
Since I am a Windows 10 user, I know how to update it in Windows 10 O.S. Therefore, I am providing you with a step-by-step guide to get it done.
- Type and enter “Device Manager” in the search box on the taskbar.
- You will see many different options in the popped up window.
- Select the “Display adapters”, double-click on it and you will see the default Graphics processor as a dropdown.
- Right-click on it and you’ll see “Update Driver”, Click it and go further.
- You will see two options there. Go with “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
Boom! Updated..! Try the game now and see if the gameplay got improved.
#3. Change the game graphics settings
I would say that most of the gamers do not notice it but, I think this is the easiest way you can try to get a game run smoother. Not only “Sims” but whatever game you are playing, if it is lagging, update its graphics settings to the optimal or low level and see the change then.
How to update the Graphics settings:
Below given is a guide as to how can you update your Sims 4’s graphics.
- Open the game.
- Don’t get started, rather look for the “Menu” and “Game Options”.
- Click on the “Graphics” and set the Sims, objects, lighting, and everything else to either “Medium” or ‘Low” graphics settings.
This is quite an easy way to make the game free-flowing but yeah it comes with some repercussions and that is, you would have to compromise on your visual quality then.
#4. Perform a custom content test
Well, I have already discussed merging the custom contents above in the writeup but this time we have to perform a test and throw out the erroneous mods or CC’s because a defective mod or customization can also negatively affect your gameplay.
That is why it is better to keep just the finely working customizations and delete those extra, freaky ones. Here is a guide about how to conduct the test.
- See for the game/program files by following the pattern i.e. My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.
- Out of the multifarious folders and files over there, seek out the three i.e.
- “Saves” – i.e. all the customizations and configurations for backup
- “Tray” – i.e. all the lots, sims, rooms, etc. are saved here
- “Option.ini” – i.e. the basic project settings
- Once found, select these three folders and copy and paste them to some other location on your laptop/computer.
- Delete all the remaining scratch folders and subfolders and whatever else.
- Bring those three folders back to their original place.
Now, launch the game and I am so sure you will get a much smoother and faster response. If it really made a change it means there were some erroneous and conflicting CC’s or mods which are now been deleted.
#5. Game Repair
How to make Sims 4 Run Faster? Let me share the second last solution with you.
Repairing removes all the defects and glitches in the game and therefore benefits the players i.e. delivering many prompts and flowing responses and remarkable speed.
- Seek out the Game’s origin first. Go to C:\ Program Files because by default the “Origin” is placed over there.
- Open it and Right-click on the “Sims 4”.
- There, select the “Repair Game” and you are all set to get the process started.
- Don’t hurry because it may take time, less or more depends on the expansions, packs, and other things that your game tails.
- Don’t worry because it won’t affect any saves, configurations, and changes, etc. that you have made.
- Done? It’s all set and a completely new thing. Give it a try and thank me later for a soothing experience now.
#6. Upgrade the system
If none of the above methods worked for you, then the only solution is to upgrade your hardware. Try to increase the storage space, memory, and update your processor. Do anything which can make your system meet the game’s requirements easily.
Although Sims 4 is quite a cool and captivating game quite seldom it acts glitchy and runs slow on many laptops and even on Windows 10 OS too. That is the only major flaw and most of the players keep searching and asking how to make sims 4 run faster on their laptops or Windows 10 as well.
The article actually sums up all the methods used or that you can use to make the sims 4 run faster. I have tried my best to answer this massively asked query and have provided you with all the possible and effective ways, following which, you can certainly find a way out.