If you’re searching for “how to play PS3 games on a laptop?”, then you’re definitely a game-a-holic. The good news is that you can play PS3 games on your PC by following a few processes:
- Downloading the RPCS3 Emulator
- Connecting the PS3 to your laptop via LAN
- Using WiFi to connect your laptop to the PS3
- Setting up your laptop as a media receiver for the console
4 Ways to Play PS3 Games On Laptop
Here we come up with the top 4 best ways that you can follow to play PS3 games on the laptop.
1. Downloading The RPCS3 Emulator
The RPCS3 emulator has been produced to let gamers like you play your desired games right on your PC. It is available for free as it is an open-source program. You don’t need any prior permission of any sort for it. You just have to visit its website and download it from there.
The emulator is available for both Windows operating systems and Linux.
Visit https://rpcs3.net/download to download the latest version of the software. When you open the website, scroll down and you’ll see two options. One is for Windows and the other for Linux. Choose according to your operating system.
However, if the latest versions aren’t working, you can always download the previous ones. Scroll further down the page until you see “Previous Builds”. These versions are as stable as the new ones, so don’t worry about them getting crashed or anything.
Once the download has been completed, you’ll see that it’s a ZIP file. Double click on the file to open the files and extract them at your desired location.
After the files have been extracted, search for rpcs3.exe and double click on it to start the program as it is. Remember, at this stage, you don’t need any installations. This is a portable emulator, which means you can simply double-click and play.
As soon as you click on the rpcs3.exe, a welcome window will appear. It will ask you to tick “I have read the Quickstart guide”. When you do that, the Continue button will appear, which you have to click. You can also choose whether you want to see this welcome note again or not. If you don’t want to, simply click the checkbox of “Do not show again”.
As a part of the initial set-up, you’d have to let the emulator import data from the official website of PlayStation.
- Open the official website, which is https://www.playstation.com/en-in/.
- Click on Help located at the top left corner.
- Select System Software and select PS3
- Go down a bit to see the PSE System Software Update and download that update.
- Launch the emulator again.
- Go to File > Install Firmware and select the file you’ve downloaded from the website.
- The emulator will take a few minutes before updating the firmware.
- You’ll get a “Success!” message once it’s done.
Playing Games On the RPCS3 Emulator
To play the games, you’d have to make a few more configurations.
- Select File from the emulator.
- Left-click on Install .pkg.
- Select your games from the list that appears.
- Double-click on the game you want to play.
- Click on File in the emulator.
- Select Boot Game.
- From the next window, click on the ISO of the game.
- The emulator will run a few files of the game, which will take a few minutes.
- This will happen only once for a selected game.
2. Connecting The PS3 to Your Laptop Via LAN
You can connect your laptop to the PS3. To do that, make sure both the devices are connected to the same LAN. The router will recognize the PS3 and connect to it. If it does not, you can use the network connection to try to find it.
3. Using Wi-Fi To Connect Your Laptop to PS3
Besides Ethernet, you can connect the two via WiFi.
- Open your PS3 menu and go to Settings.
- Now go to Network Settings.
- In the Internet Connection Settings, find the name of your WiFi and connect to it.
- Scan for the network if the name isn’t showing up.
- You can also input the SSID of your network manually.
- Once you get “Enabled” from the connection, that means you’ve successfully connected.
4. Setting Up Your Laptop As A Media Receiver For The Console
To do that, you’d have to download the latest Windows Media Player.
- Switch on your PS3 and connect it to the network you use.
- Go to the menu and select “streaming” to enable the media streaming.
- Click on the checkbox of “allow the connection to the media server.”
- Click on Search Media Server to select the file you want to stream.
- The files to be streamed must be on your PC.
- Once you do that, you’d be able to stream files from your PC to your PS3, all the while when the PC is running.
Can I play PS3 games on PC?
With an emulator such as PCS3, you can without a doubt play your favorite PS3 games on your PC. However, there may be some input issues as well as bugs due to the lack of support and compatibility for such games.
Can you play PS3 emulator on laptop?
Emulators such as PCS3 can be used on both PC and laptops without any hindrance as long as it has a windows based operating system installed in them.
How To Play PS3 Games On Laptop – Conclusion
Playing PS3 games on your laptop is easy. All you have to do is download the RPCS3 Emulator, connect the PS3 to your laptop via LAN, use WiFi to connect your laptop to the PS3, or set up your laptop as a media receiver for the console. That’s it. However, after it, make sure that you place the console in the right place. There should be some space around it for heat exchange and so.