Nowadays, data is the most sensitive thing imaginable, especially if you are working in a corporation where information should be kept confidential.
So for such purposes, you need to have your security as tight as possible and there shouldn’t be any compromise when it comes to data getting leaked.
But what happens when you forget your laptop administrator password and can’t access it? Or simply want to reset your laptop’s data so that you can wipe your hard drive but can’t open it because of credential issues?
Quick question: Are you looking for the laptop of your choice? Well, LaptopRadar will help you find your favorite laptop.
Well, I know this is a tough question to crack, but let me tell you that it is indeed possible and you can actually reset your laptop without having to stress your brain for the login info if you forgot it by any chance.
In this article, I will show you how to reset Acer Laptop without a password, and fortunately for you, there is more than one way to do it, just follow my lead.
But before we proceed, I would like to warn you that this process is irreversible and during this reset initiation you may lose all your data which might not be recoverable.
So make sure you create a safe and secure backup of your data, otherwise, I wouldn’t be responsible in any way shape, or form.
Simple Steps On How To Reset Acer Laptop Without Password
As mentioned above, there is more than one way to do this deed and I will demonstrate each and every method one at a time.
Also as a fun fact, this method is not just limited to Acer laptops, so if by any chance your laptop isn’t made by Acer, don’t worry, these methods will still work just fine.
1. Through Disk Format Method ( Direct Approach)
- To initiate this method, you need to have a CD/DVD or a USB device on which all the files of the operating system have been burned onto.
- Insert the CD/DVD or the USB with windows files into your laptop and press the boot menu key on your keyboard.
- Depending on the type of your laptop, it might be Delete, F2, or F10, which will take you to the boot menu screen.
- From there you can launch the Windows operating system installation menu, however, you only need to reset the partition where all your files are present.
- By clicking on the format option written below your hard drive drives, it will take a while to reset your laptop, depending on the speed of your specifications.
- That’s it, now you have a laptop which is reset like it’s brand new.
2. Through Factory Reset Mode ( Traditional Way)
- Factory reset means resetting your laptop back to its default mode with every setting and file wiped away. Here is how you can do it.
- First of all, you need to press ALT + F10 to enter this mode while you boot up your laptop.
- Make sure you do it as swiftly as possible because you might miss it, causing you to reboot the system and press the keys again.
- Depending on the version of the windows you might be using, you would see a troubleshooting menu, which you need to choose with the help of keyboard keys.
- After you enter into the troubleshooting menu, you would have the “ reset this PC” option available to you, just click enter on it.
- Fortunately for you, this option also provides you the liberty to either keep all your files or simply wipe away your hard drive and it’s totally up to you to choose whatever you see fit.
- After the appropriate option in correspondence to your choice has been chosen, it will take you to the “Reset button” where you will be able to reset your Acer laptop.
- Voila, enjoy the fresh and brand new factory reset Acer laptop.
3. Through Third-Party Method (Indirect Approach)
- I have added this method as an added bonus and this method is completely optional and up to you if you want to follow it or not because this one is a little lengthy and may require some patience.
- Through this method, you will be able to remove the password on your operating system and then be able to reset your pc by logging into your Acer laptop.
- You can use software like ISunshare Windows Password Genius, Passper Winsenior or Spower WIndows password reset to complete this task successfully.
- No matter which one you choose, all of them have pretty much the same method, so just go with whichever seems comfortable.
- Open any software onto any other laptop or desktop and insert a USB device.
- In the password-removing software, click on burn into the USB device, which will then proceed to mount its files on the USB drive.
- After the process has been done, mount the USB onto your Acer laptop and head over to the boot mode by pressing F12.
- Choose your USB device, you will be able to identify it through its brand name.
- This will take you to the password removal process where you can remove your password from your Windows account.
- Once your password has been removed, it is obvious that your laptop can be freely accessible to you without having to enter your credentials.
- Now open the settings tab in your Acer laptop and head over to update and security settings and click on the recovery option.
- Just like the above method, this will also give you two options on whether or not you want to keep your files, click on the appropriate choice according to you and proceed to reset your laptop.
- Windows will then proceed to remove all your files and reboot you to a fresh brand new operating system that has just been reset, enjoy!
Hoping that you might find this article on how to reset Acer laptop Without a password pretty beneficial and straightforward but, nonetheless, if you still find yourself in a pickle, my extended and undivided support is always readily available for my beloved readers in the comment section below.
And once again, I would like to tell you that please be careful as you may lose your data permanently, so act wisely.