When the airplane mode is activated, you cannot access any network facility on the laptop. For example, you can’t use the internet or sim cards, if any, and also ethernet. But if you’re done with traveling or have accidentally activated it, here’s how to turn off airplane mode on Dell laptops:
- Go to the action center.
- Access the option from the Wi-Fi icon.
- Go to Settings of your Windows.
- Hit a short key on the keyboard.
- Press the dedicated key combination.
- From the login screen.
6 Ways to Turn Off Airplane Mode on Dell Laptops
1. Go to the Action Center
Action Center in Windows is a specialized area where you find many shortcuts for many settings, including, Bluetooth, network, and Airplane Mode among others.
- Take the mouse cursor to the right bottom corner of the screen.
- You’ll see a small dialogue icon.
- Right-click that icon and you’ll see the notification bar pop up.
- Find Airplane mode with a plane icon and right-click it.
- The option will turn off.
A shortcut to call the Action Center or notification bar is by pressing WIN + A.
2. Access the Option from the Wi-Fi Menu
You could either press WIN + A or click on the Action Center icon or you could simply go to the Wi-Fi settings.
- Take your mouse cursor to the bottom right corner.
- Right-click the Wi-Fi icon, which is in the shape of three semi-circles emanating from a point.
- Below the Network and Internet Settings, click on the Airplane mode.
3. Go To Settings of Your Windows
You have the option of accessing Airplane mode from the Settings menu also.
Step 1: Click on the Windows icon to the right bottom corner.
Step 2: Click on the Settings icon. You could also press WIN + I to go to Settings.
Step 3: In the menu, click on Network & Internet. There, you’ll see a list of different options. Select the Airplane mode.
Step 4: To the right, you’ll see Airplane mode, and below it is a sidebar that will say “on”. Click on the sidebar to turn it off.
4. Hit a Short Key on the Keyboard
Some of the Dell laptops do come with a dedicated shortcut key on the keyboard. Look for the airplane icon on the top row of keys – the F keys.
- Press the key and see if the Airplane mode is turned off.
- If not, press Fn + the short key.
5. Press the Dedicated Key Combination
Not all models have the shortcut key on their keyboards. There are some that have a hidden key combination. God knows why did the manufacturers come up with this and why did they hide it.
- Look for a key in the top row or the number row that has the icon of a tower.
- Press Fn + that key to turn off the Airplane mode.
6. From the Login Screen
If you’ve just turned on the laptop, you can activate networking by turning off the airplane mode right from the login screen.
- Take the mouse cursor to the right bottom corner and click on the Wi-Fi icon.
- You’ll be presented with two options: Wi-Fi and Airplane mode.
- Click on the Airplane mode to deactivate it.
What To Do When You’re Unable to Turn Off Airplane Mode?
Due to many reasons, you might not be able to turn it off. That is symbolized by a grayed-out airplane icon. Worry not, however, because you can get rid of it quite easily.
1. Troubleshoot The Internet Connections
Step 1: Go to Settings of your Windows by pressing WIN + I.
Step 2: Scroll down to find Update & Security and left-click it.
Step 3: Below the Update & Security, find Troubleshoot and select it.
Step 4: To the right, you’ll find Internet Connections. Click it and Run the Troubleshooter.
Step 5: Let the Troubleshooter find the error. You should also go to Network Adapter to do the same.
2. WIN + R
Step 1: Press the WIN + R key together to open the Run dialogue.
Step 2: Enter devmgmt MSC to open Device Manager. You can alternatively type Device Manager in the search bar of Windows to get to it.
Step 3: Click the Human Interface Devices. Under it, you’ll see the Airplane Mode Switch Collection. Disable it. However, if you don’t see this option, you’ll have to download it from Dell Support. Since your laptop cannot connect at the moment, it’s wise to sideload it from another device via USB.
Step 4: Enable the Airplane Mode Switch Collection by right-clicking on it.
Step 5: Now, go back to the Device Manager and select Network adapters. Right-click to go to its properties, where under the Power Management tab, deselect or clear the box with the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click OK and close the window.
What happens if motherboard is damaged in laptop?
A faulty motherboard gives rise to a whole host of nasty issues such as Blue screen of death, frequent shutdowns, massive stutters even while performing light computational tasks, and sometimes weird beeping while you boot up your computer.
What kills laptop motherboards?
In most cases, a dying or dead motherboard is caused by inadequate voltage flow or a poor ventilation system
Can motherboard of laptop be repaired?
While laptop motherboards are made from complex components that are extremely sensitive and can’t easily be fixed, they can be repaired if they are handled by a trained technician.
How to Turn Off Airplane Mode on Dell Laptop – Conclusion
Turning off Airplane mode is important if you want to connect to a wireless network. You can do that by following the methods I shared above. However, if the icon has grayed out, you may not be able to turn it off. In that case, troubleshoot the problem as mentioned or meddle with the Airplane Mode Switch Collection.